ORGANISING CARE OF CHILDREN IS AN INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT ACTIVITY.
THE SAFETY OF CHILDREN OF YOUR TOP PRIORITY, AND OURS TOO.
The purpose of this guide is to let you know some important things about what CarePool does and does not do, and to provide some tools to help you make informed decisions in organising care using the CarePool app.
1. The purpose of CarePool is to allow people who already know and trust each other to organise care of children with each other.
- CarePool is intended as a tool for parents and their family and close friends to organise care.
- It is not intended for use between strangers or as a tool for finding strangers to mind your kids. It is also not intended for use between people who don’t know each other well or to arrange paid care. We strongly advise against letting anyone into your CarePool who you do not know well and trust.
2. CarePool does not validate, vet, screen or recommend carers or provide any warranty as to their suitability as carers for your children.
- You are wholly responsible for deciding who is allowed into your CarePool and therefore whether a particular person is appropriate to care for your children.
- You should exercise the same level of caution in organising a carer for your children using CarePool as you would if you were asking someone in any other way – by phone, message or in person.
3. You should exercise the highest level of caution in deciding whether to let a person into your CarePool and allowing them to mind your kids. Even if you do know them. Just because you know them, it does not mean they are appropriate to mind your kids. Some things that might help:
- Meet the potential carer face to face and ask lots of questions before arranging any care activity.
- Ask other friends and family for references.
- Make sure your child/ren have met the potential carer and are comfortable with them.
- Carry out any other checks you think may be necessary.
- If in doubt, don’t let them mind your kids!
4. If you are experiencing problems with any other user, you can at any time remove that user from your CarePool.